Who can resist a platter of sweet sticky ribs? My kids love the ritual of tearing the tender meat away from the bone with their teeth and licking the marinade off their sticky little fingers. Okay, I love it too!
You can either use pork or beef ribs for this recipe, both meats work with this sticky Asian sauce. If you have time marinade the ribs overnight for a more intense flavour.A huge messy crowd pleaser. Get stuck in.
- 1.5kg pork or beef ribs
- 1 tbs sea salt
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbs tamari
- 4 tbs honey
- 4 shallots thinly slices
- Lime wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Reserve ⅓ of marinade. Brush ribs with remaining ⅔ of marinade mixture.
- Place ribs in the centre of three large layers of foil, wrap parcel tightly and place on an oven tray.
- Cook ribs for 3 hrs.
- Remove foil, brush ribs with reserved marinade and return to oven for another 15 minutes at 200C so the meat can caramelise and build a sticky dark glaze.
- Garnish with sliced shallots and serve with lime wedges.