Not only does the vibrancy and glorious scarletness of this heavenly spread immediately captures everyone’s attention, but the combination of sweet and salty ingredients work beautifully together.
Beetroot is high in vitamin C, fibre and essential minerals such as potassium and magnesium. It is also known to help lower blood pressure and fight inflammation so this spread really does pack a nutritional punch. Serve with thick cut gluten free toast, crackers and veggie sticks or stirred through your favourite pasta.
- 2 large beetroot, peeled and cubed
- 100mL olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs organic honey
- 1 tbs chopped rosemary
- ½ cup activated walnuts
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- Pinch of cracked pepper
- Place beetroot in a small saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Combine beetroot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, rosemary, walnuts, salt and pepper in a blender and blitz to a smooth paste. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add 500g water to mixing bowl.
- Place beetroot into simmering basket and cook 20 min/Varoma/speed 3.
- Combine beetroot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, rosemary, walnuts, salt and pepper in bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 5. Adjust seasoning to taste.