When your three kids buy you a waffle maker for Mother’s Day, the entire family reaps the delicious benefits. Ever since the waffle maker arrived in the household, the kids wake on Sunday morning chanting “WA-FFLES……. WA-FFLES!”. As you know it doesn’t take much to get me over the line when food is involved so out it comes.
This recipe can be easily whipped up in two minutes. Who said lazy Sunday mornings can’t be indulgent AND easy? The flavour combinations are endless but the family have narrowed down the favourites down to (drum roll please)…..
- Banana, Maple Syrup & Crushed Walnut.
- Almond Butter & Chocolate Drizzle.
- Fresh Strawberries, Homemade Strawberry Jam & Whipped Cream.
So what is the perfect waffle texture? A great waffle should be super crisp on the outside and perfectly moist, light and fluffy on the inside. I always set my waffle maker to the hottest setting because we love our waffles golden brown and extra c-c-crispy. So much better than store bought, promise!
- 1 cup gluten free self raising flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 30g melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add egg, milk and butter to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to Thermomix and blend 3 sec/speed 4.
- Add egg, milk and butter to dry ingredients and combine 10 sec/speed 4.