I’m not a vegan but I am OBSESSED with this Vegan Banana Salted Caramel Smoothie from Warren & Holt. Even my kids love it! I was recently at Warren & Holt shooting their new summer menu items and could not stop slurping on this mouthwatering gluten free smoothie. I asked the owners for the recipe and they kindly agreed to share it with me. It is really quick and easy to whip up in a blender and perfect for breakfast on the run. High in protein, fibre and antioxidants, this sweet and salty smoothie will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Warren & Holt’s wholesome organic meals are predominantly gluten free so it’s so easy for me to order off the menu. It’s such a relief to know I won’t be ‘glutened’ when eating out. Everything on the menu is nutrient dense, ethically sourced and absolutely deeeeeeelicious!
When I’m drinking a large quantity of milk in smoothies I opt for almond milk because I find it easier to digest but feel free to use your milk of choice in this recipe. Not all almond milks are created equal so make sure you purchase a premium quality milk free of artificial additives and chemicals. I personally love the Inside Out brand. You can easily find it in health food stores, gourmet grocers and some supermarkets.
Enjoy smoothies lovers!
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon nut butter of choice (homemade or store bought)
- 1 medjool date
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon good quality vanilla powder
- 1½ cups almond milk
- Add all ingredients to a blender or Thermomix and blend on low for 5 seconds or Thermomix speed 4/ 5 sec.
- Gradually increase blender to a high speed for 25 seconds or Thermomix speed 7/25 sec.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle with toppings of your choice.