As much as I love a bowl of crispy hand cut chips I avoid deep frying at home to limit our saturated fat intake. Instead I bake my hand cut potatoes in a hot oven with a simple drizzling of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkling of sea salt and dried oregano. My Chunky Greek Oven Fries are just as crisp and delicious as their fried counterparts minus the fat and calories. They are also incredibly quick and easy to make so they make a great midweek side.
‘Patates’ are always served in traditional Greek tavernas and equally loved by kids and adults. The crumbled feta on top is optional, actually who am I kidding it’s compulsory! Hand cut chips and feta are the perfect addictive pairing. Tuck in.
- 500g sebago potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced into chunky strips
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt Flakes
- Dried Oregano for sprinkling
- Fetta for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Place the potatoes on a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat with sea salt and oregano.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn chips with spatula and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately with crumbled feta on top.